FebruHairy is a celebration of the power of women and girls’ education to elevate, illuminate and transform. Every February, schools raise money for women and girls’ educational initiatives by unleashing the hairiness of the students, teachers and parents.
IDEAS for FUNDRAISING:
Colour your hair, cut your hair, grow some hair (gentlemen), grow some hair (ladies – a bit slower), shave your hair, gel your hair, spike your hair!
Some schools will be adding some of these additional activities to FebruHairy.
MAKE SURE TO CHECK WITH YOUR SCHOOL FIRST!
- Conquer a fear that makes the hairs on the back of your head stand up.
- Encourage the male teachers to ROCK A FROCK to show their support for girls’ education. Make sure to take pictures for our Instagram page.
- Turn over the running of the school to the girls for a day!
- Launch a sausage sizzle (make sure you have gluten free and vegetarian options).
- Or just turn up in your most colourful clothes.
Check with your school to find out the exact day in FebruHairy (February) that you are celebrating the power of girls’ education; then get ready to rock your own FebruHairy!
Just a gold coin donation gets you in on the action. Ask your school to sign up today.